Friday, March 19, 2010

6 Month Countdown Begins Now

Six months from today Clark and I will be saying "I Do" and getting hitched is a big deal for us. I mean, we have been together for 5 years (we met in March 2005) and we have been engaged for over 3 years (December 2006). Yes, that is not a typo. You read correctly. We have been engaged for OVER THREE YEARS. Why, you ask have we been engaged so long? Well, long story short, we got engaged when we lived in DC and shortly after we were engaged, Clark accepted a new job in Tacoma, WA. We spent 2007 trying to figure out our living and job situation - I eventually moved back in June and got a new job in July. Oh yeah, we also bought a house in September. So all of our time and money went to adjusting to our new life in Tacoma. 2008 was a year of adjusting to the new jobs and house and we adopted Lucy. Before we knew it, it was 2009 and we realized we still had not yet a wedding date. Bottom line is that we are procrastinators, but we FINALLY settled on a venue and secured a date.

So, Sunday, September 19th, 2010 at McMenamin's Edgefield in Portland, OR will be the place we will celebrate! We still have A LOT of details to plan, including securing a florist, DJ, photographer, ordering invites, ordering a cake, figuring out decorations, our ceremony details, finalizing our menu, and planning our honeymoon. Let's be honest...I love event planning, excel spreadsheets, color-coding lists, and "to do" lists, but I just can't get motivated to start this because it all seems so overwhelming and when you start looking at the prices of everything, it is kind of ridiculous. So, here's to a 6 month countdown that I hope is stress-free and fun!

For our family and close friends, please visit our wedding website for details: www.mywedding.com/andreaandclark


Here is a picture of Clark and me right after he proposed
We are at a restaurant in DC, I was taking him out to dinner for his birthday
December 12, 2006

1 comment:

Connie Tull said...

hallelujah! you updated your blog!