Monday, April 19, 2010

5 Month Countdown...until "I DO"

5 months from today Clark and I are going to be saying "I do" in front of family and closest friends and I couldn't be more excited! When we set the date and picked our venue last October, we thought we'd have plenty of time (11 months), but with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, we really put off all the wedding planning until this year...then January came and went...February came and went...and before we knew it, it was March and the 6 month countdown was upon us! So, the last month we (okay, me) have been making "to do" lists and as the days pass I am of course excited, but starting to panic a bit with all the planning and decisions that need to be made. Big recent wedding planning development - we finalized our guest list and ordered our wedding invites! To save money, we are not sending a "save the date" and in lieu of that, we will send a "save the date" email and paper invites will go out in early June.

So here is a list of what we have accomplished so far:
  • Set the wedding date (Sunday, September 19th, 2010)
  • Picked the ceremony and reception venue (McMenamin's Edgefield)
  • Figured out the catering menu (brunch reception w/ mimosas and bloody mary's)
  • Purchased wedding dress (see post from last fall re: Brides Against Breast Cancer)
  • Created wedding website (www.mywedding.com/andreaandclark)
  • Finalized our wedding party (see wedding website)
  • Picked wedding colors and theme (red and asian accents)
  • Picked bridesmaid dress (red, of course!)
  • Finalized our wedding guest list
  • Ordered invites

Here are the things we hope to accomplish in May:

  • Finalize honeymoon plans
  • Register
  • Research vendors (DJ, florist, cake, photographer)

Cheers to wedding planning! 5 months more months...

No comments: