This weekend was the first tennis tournament of 2011. I entered the 4.0 Women's Singles Draw and the 4.0 Women's Doubles Draw. My first singles match was scheduled for late on Friday night. Unfortunately for me, the tournament was running behind and instead of starting my match at 9:30 PM as we were supposed to, I went onto the court at 10:30 PM. After a long week of work, I wasn't quite prepared to be playing tennis so late...this was past my normal bed time! I got my bootie kicked...so much so that I don't even want to post my scores. All I can say was that I was extremely frustrated and went to bed very angry.
Well, Saturday was a new day and I had two doubles matches and I hoped to play better. My partner, Vicki, and I played really good and beat our first opponents and then we played our second match really late (10 PM) and made some errors and couldn't dig ourselves out of the hole. We lost.
On Sunday, we had our last doubles match and won, which placed us narrowly in first place. We got a trophy!! Woo hoo! I also got to play my consolation singles match against a good friend. We both hit the crap out of the ball, had some great rallies, but I came up a little short and I lost.
It was a good weekend in that I got a lot of good tennis, but I was disappointed in my singles game and a good reminder that I need to get in better shape, need to improve my endurance, and need to improve my consistency/reduce my errors. If I do, I think I will be pretty decent at singles. I enjoy singles because it is a better workout and a good challenge, but I lose A LOT and it has been very frustrating. Tennis is a mental game and I hope I can improve my inner-dialogue this season into more postive rather than negative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment