For my first week into 2011, I am doing pretty good on three of my four New Year's Resolutions.
#1 - Cook or bake at least one new recipe per week
This week, I made creamy chicken rice casserole, crockpot beef pot roast, beef carbonnade, and bacon onion cheddar biscuits. Yes, that is right, I am an OVERACHIEVER. The creamy chicken rice casserole was from one of my Cooking Light cookbooks and super easy. It is a make ahead casserole and needs to sit in the fridge overnight, which is nice because when you get home from work, you can just pop it into the oven. I had never made beef pot roast before and heard it was super easy. My local grocery store was having a sale on meat, so I stocked up and found the recipe from one of my Cooking Light cookbooks. Another super easy recipe...marinade the beef overnight and then put in the crockpot, along with veggies and 10 hours later, voila! Pure tastiness. Beef carbonnade was easy to make and I got to use my new Dutch Oven. This recipe was very tasty and similar to beef stroganoff, but it was cooked in beer, so had a unique flavor. The last new recipe this week - the bacon onion cheddar biscuits - were a recipe from Pioneer Woman. She does not disappoint. This recipe was easy to make and delicious to eat. All of the recipes make great leftovers. Yummy!
#2 - Achieve weight loss goal (lose 10 lbs)
I worked out EVERY day this week - woo hoo for me! Between tennis, strength training with my personal trainer, and cardio on my own, I was able to burn some serious calories this week. In order to achieve my goal weight this year, my biggest challenge will not be the working out part. It will be the food part. I eat healthy, but for me, it is all about portion control. If I can tackle this on a consistent basis, I think I will be successful at this Resolution.
#3 - Update the blog at least once per week
Having some time today, I was able to complete three posts and depending on how late I can stay up, I may manage to get a few more!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment