For the over-the-top and detailed account of our weekend...
Friday, March 6th - I had a tennis match tonight after work and I was nervous because it was my first singles match of the season. I also knew I would likely be playing a VERY good player. It ended up being a great match. I won 6-4, 6-3. I played really well, despite slipping a couple times. My opponent was very nice and I was so happy with my performance. After the match, my team and I went out for dinner and drinks at a nearby pizza pub to celebrate. Clark had a quiet night in with Lucy. I came home late to find them fast asleep in bed - Lucy was in my spot and if you have ever tried to move a 90-lb dog, you can understand how difficult a task this was!
Saturday, March 7th - I woke up early and met up with a friend, Mollyrose, for a doggie playdate between Lucy and Izzy. We met up at Grant Elementary, which is just two blocks away from our house. Lucy LOVED Izzy and they had a blast. They made great play partners. They alternated between chasing each other and even managed to play tug of war with a tennis ball - too cute! See earlier post for pictures! After the play date, I came home and Lucy was exhausted. I knew I had a long training run of 8 miles to complete and it had to be today because I had a tennis match the next day and didn't want to be too tired. So I headed out for a run...it was very hard, probably my toughest run yet. My legs felt like a ton of bricks and I had to walk a handful of times. But I finished. I came home and was surprised that Clark was home from work. I thought he was going to work all day, but he got off early, so that was nice to spend some time with him. We were both tired, so took a nap (Lucy included!)
Sunday, March 8th - We woke up to an inch of snow on the ground this morning. I couldn't believe it! My poor tulip and daffodils are so confused if it is winter or spring. In any case, I had a tennis match and I was playing doubles with Jodi. Jodi gave me a little scare because she showed up after the scheduled start time...luckily she showed up before we had to default, but we did lose the serve and a game. However, that was okay because we came back in flying colors and won 6-3, 6-0. After the match, I met up with Shannon to go see the movie "He's Just Not That Into You." It is based on a book that I read and loved. It's hilarious. Basically about how to read guy signals when you are dating and in relationships. It was a funny movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment