Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

In case you want the detailed version of our weekend, here you go...

Friday, March 20th - I did some grocery shopping after work and ran errands at Costco, Safeway, and Metropolitan Market. I had to get some last minute items for the baby shower I was hosting the next day for Heather. I decided to do my long training run tonight because I wasn't sure how my body was going to respond...I have a tennis match scheduled on Sunday, so in case I was sore, I wanted to have at least a day in between to rest and hydrate. I ran 10 miles in 1 hour and 50 minutes. I came home and we ordered in - pad thai. Yummy. I was exhausted after a long week and went to bed early.

Saturday, March 21st - We got up early and I started to finish last minute house cleaning as preparation for Heather's baby shower. Clark took Lucy to get a doggie mani and pedi at Petsmart. It is the best $11 spent...they clip her nails short and then file them down so they are short, but without cutting her and making her bleed. And they did it in less than 10 minutes. Lucy loved all the attention and pets she got...plus, she got to go for a car ride. Then Clark went golfing with Josh, Heather's husband, while we had our baby shower festivities. He was happy with his round - shooting only 2 over par! The baby shower I hosted for Heather was fantastic and I won't go into details because you can read all about it in the earlier post. But after everyone left around 5:30 PM, I put on my sweats and crawled into bed and watched TV and fell asleep early. Per usual, Clark stayed up late playing video games!

Sunday, March 22nd - We got up and decided to go out to breakfast. We went to the The Hub since I wanted to try their breakfast menu and it was delicious! I got a breakfast pizza that had scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, cheese, and Hollandaise sauce on it. Yummy! Then we went home and I got ready to play in my tennis match. I played singles in the #1 slot and I was feeling a little more confident since I had won my last singles match and had been practicing all week, but I am always a little nervous playing singles. I ended up winning 6-0, 3-6, and won in the 3rd set tiebreak. I think I played really well. My serves were probably the best I had ever had (even a few aces) and won a lot of points at the net. The weather was sunny and while it was chilly and windy, it wasn't raining, so we took advantage of it and went to the golf driving range. I had been itching to hit some golf balls, especially since I got a new pair of golf shoes last weekend. It was my first time hitting since last fall and it felt great. Clark gave me a few tips about my grip, stance, and swing. I discovered that there are beginner golf lessons with an LPGA pro on Monday nights, so I signed up. I am excited to take a lesson and hope I can get to the point where my shots go straight (right now they all slice to the right). Clark says that is okay...that can be fixed...he says what is important is that my fundamentals are good and that I hit the ball in the air, which most women cannot do as a beginner. We went out to dinner because I just couldn't stand the thought of cooking. It was a nice treat...we went to The Spar and I had fish and chips - one of my faves!

No comments: