Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


On Mother's Day it is tradition to honor and celebrate the wonderfulness of your mom and not that I don't agree, but my mom was simply NOT cooperating with this plan this year!

My mom came up for a little weekend "getaway" and dog sat Lucy while Clark and I went to Olympic National Park. I felt bad about leaving my mom home alone with the dog over Mother's Day, but she reassured me that was the present she wanted...some peace and quiet. She was planning on staying in her PJs, reading her book, watching TV, and spending some quality time with her granddog.

So away Clark and I went and we come on Monday only to find that my mom had cleaned our house, did laundry, cleaned out/scrubbed/re-organized our fridge, freezer, and cupboards, and also somehow she managed to find time to weed some of our front flower beds, made two homemade soups, and had dinner for us that night. She is pretty amazing! And to add more guilt, my neighbors found out that my mom was home alone dogsitting and gave her a bouquet of flowers on Mother's Day! What did I give her as a gift? A few new purses and gift of "peace and quiet" doesn't seem like enough.

If I have said it once, I will say it again...my mom is absolutely freaking AWESOME and she can come visit anytime!

No comments: