Sunday, May 16, 2010

Yardwork...it never ends

Home ownership can be fun...you get to decorate and furnish your home in whatever way you want. No paint color, design, or furniture is off limits. However, home ownership also comes with some downsides...projects always seem to take longer and more expensive than expected. To me yardwork is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, I hate doing it, but I sure love the end result, so I am really left with no other options but to just suck it up and do it.

Clark had a long weekend of work and with the sunshine and temperatures in the high 60s and low 70s, I decided to tackle the yard. It took FOREVER to weed the front flower beds, but now they are "clean" and ready to plant some more bulbs. Yes, if you didn't know it, I am obsessed with buying Costco bulbs. So I have some bulbs to plant soon that will bloom this summer and fall, including lillies, calla lillies, begonias, peonies, and dahlias. When I get those in the ground and they bloom, I will be sure to post, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, my spring blooming bulbs are beautiful. My daffodils bloomed first and then my tulips. Both of those are gone, but now my azeleas, rhododendrens, irises, and peonies are starting to bloom.

Once I get all the flowers planted, we will have blooms in every season - spring, summer, and fall...well, I guess every season except winter. That is okay, I think I will survive...unless Costco starts selling something and then I am doomed.


I have two matching red pots on my front porch where I planted some red impatiens
pink rhodies blooming
pink peonies in bloom (and they smell soooo good!)
purple and yellow irises

purple and pink azeleas


No comments: