Saturday, May 1, 2010

The wedding planning continues!

Clark and I finally got around to registering this weekend and it was fun, but kind of overwhelming at the same time. Our first stop was Macy's and it was such a nice experience. The lady helping us gave us a barcode scanner "gun" and we were off! I knew I wanted to register for Fiesta Wear for our everday plates, but didn't know what to get for our fancy china. Luckily, Clark and I both liked the same design. It is a pretty simple, classic, and elegant Kate Spade design of white with silver trim. What is awesome about registering at Macy's is that they gave me a nice RED (my favorite color and our main wedding color) tote bag and I also got a free lip gloss from the Clinque counter. Score! I love freebies (thanks mom for instilling that in me!)

Since we bought a house over two years ago, we have purchased furniture, decorations, and some house stuff, so we didn't need to register for all the typical things, but we did register for new items that we are currently using our hand-me-downs from college...like dishes, pots and pans, and knives.

Our next stop was Bed Bath and Beyond. Here we registered for a new set of bathroom towels and some new bedding. I am sure we will add more, but at this point, we were getting a little overwhelmed, so decided to call it a day.

We also ordered our invitations and were so pleased when they arrived in the mail! They are red and have the "double happiness" Chinese symbol on them and the color and design nearly mimic the design of our wedding website. The invites are classic, simple, and elegant.

To fully complete this wedding planning weekend extravaganza, we researched some possible honeymoon destinations...we are thinking of taking a "mini-moon" to Cannon Beach right after our wedding in September and then taking an extended 2-week honeymoon to Fiji in early November.

So far, the wedding planning stress hasn't gotten the best of us, so cheers to that trend continuing!

Me and Clark with the registry gun in front of our china
Andrea loves Fiesta Wear!
Our wedding invites arrived in the mail - woo hoo!
Here they are...our wedding invites and response cards
Cheers to a weekend full of wedding planning by drinking a bottle of wine from McMenamin's Edgefield - where we are getting married in four and a half months!


1 comment:

Meg Pie said...

Super cute invites!!! I can't wait to see them in real life!